It's been too long since I've linked up with Susanne's Friday Fave Five. I always enjoy reading other people's lists but I have not done my own in quite some time. But I am going to try to join in again and intentionally state five things that I am so very thankful for:
1) Tuesday was my birthday and I gave myself the birthday gift of not going to work that day. Instead I spent the entire day in my sewing room working on Christmas gifts. It was like medicine for my soul I'm telling you! What a gift to spend the whole day with fabric and thread and sissors and patterns. It doesn't get much better than that!
2) Watching the weather turn from summer to fall, literally over night. Our leaves were still green and firmly attached to the trees last week and this week they are brown and blowing all over the place! Nature is fascinating and the God who created it all - even more so!
3) For my birthday my sweet family pitched in together and bought me a new recliner/rocker for my very own! And it is leather! Never have I had a chair so nice. It is so comfortable and the perfect chair to sit in during the evenings as I knit or read.
4) I have traveled quite a bit this last month and one thing that was impressed upon me is how thankful I am for the place that I live. It is peaceful and spacious. It is a good place to be.
5) Clearance sales. Last spring I was in a department store and found a rack of sweaters for $4! I bought a few and just this week it has been cold enough to wear them. They are warm, snuggly and really pretty. I love getting a good deal!
If you would like to participate in Friday Fave Five, click over to Living to Tell the Story and share what has been special to you this week.