Ooh! I've been tagged again! Thank you, Kittyhox!
Here are said rules:
1. Link to name of person that tagged you. (see above.)
2. Include state and country you live in.
3. List top five favorite local restaurants.
4. Tag five other people and let them know they've been tagged!
I live in Idaho and as much as I love it here, we are not exactly known for our local restaurants. So this is a bit of a stretch but let's see what I can do!
1. Our town's Drive-In. It's very small and you can eat inside or order through the drive through. They also have some patio tables to eat at when the weather is nice. The Drive-In specializes in broasted chicken and it is to die for. Now, this is not the menu to have if you are dieting of course, but as a special reward for when you have been very, very good - it is perfect. You get 2 large pieces of broasted chicken, potato wedges with sour cream and cole slaw. It really is wonderful. It is also very handy that our very good friends own the Drive-In - we try to support them as much as possible so of course that means we HAVE to eat more broasted chicken!
2. Mongolian Barbeque. I don't think this is a chain, people who come to visit us haven't been to one before. It is amazing. You fill a bowl with all kinds of veggies, meats, egg noodles, and a variety of sauces and oils. When you get to the end of the line you hand your bowl to a man who dumps it on a HUGE wok like creation that is extremely hot. He has a large stick and works your combination around all the while squirting water on the wok. They had it back to you, with a flourish, I might add. The result is a STEAMING HOT bowl of delicious. I can never finish it and I have enough for lunch for the next couple of days. This selection is very healthy and low fat.
3. Idaho Pizza is an awesome pizza place here in our area. They have very generous portions of everything and it is a great family atmosphere.
4. The Sandbar - this is a great restaurant for special occasions. It is on the Snake River and has terrific atmosphere. The food is great too. They specialize in prime rib - after all this is ranching country!
5. The Mirage. This place is a real hole in the wall and is in a town with a population of about 75. But, you must have reservations, especially on the weekend, or you can never get in. They are famous for their prime rib. The petite selection comes out to the table looking like a small roast! It is also amazing.
Well, there I guess I did come up with 5 local restaurants. So if you are ever out to southwestern Idaho, be sure and try some of these places out!@
I am supposed to tag 5 people, but I am just going to leave that up to you. If you would like to play, jump in!