Wednesday, January 30, 2008

5 Weird Eating Habits

Becky of The Butler's Wife started a fun little posting bit today. She stated her 5 weird eating habits and challenged us all to do the same. So here goes:

My husband is a hunter and brings home fresh game, birds, and fish. I don't mind eating it - but it HAS to be FROZEN first. I don't know why. But no way am I going to carve a hunk of meat off something that was running/swimming/flying free in the forest just hours before. There is something about freezing it that makes it really dead in my mind.

I refuse to eat margerine. Someone told me that it is one ingredient short of being plastic once. I can't get that out of my mind. So now I only eat butter. Because I'm not that fond of eating plastic.

I LOVE peaches. But I cannot handle the fuzz. Something about it makes me think of catepillars. YUCK!

Just this year I have learned to eat grilled or sauteed onions. But never will I eat a raw one. Every hamburger I order, the first thing I do is take off the onions.

I cannot/will not eat or drink from styrofoam. Something about it just sets my teeth on edge. When you look at a liquid like coffee or water in styrofoam, it looks to me like it is just trying with all it's might to stay away from the foam. It's just not right people!

Okay, I'm eager to read your weird eating habits!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I hate styrofoam too. But for different reasons. Styrofoam NEVER breaks down. So I refuse to use it too.

My husband has the peach fuzz phobia and I love the peach fuzz. I peel his and chow it down.

And well ... you know my take on meat.

This was fun. Thanks for playing. You have some wierd things about you too. Nice to have a sister!!!

gail@more than a song said...

I saw Becky's too! How fun....I might be too weird for y'all!

I'm not much on the game thing either, although I will cook deer meat. I've grown tired of trying to cook ducks meat.

Mishel said...

What fun to read! I think I would be the same with game meat. And I only eat butter too--for the same reason as you.

Blessings!