Sunday, June 22, 2008

Airplanes Are Still Not My Friend

It is Sunday afternoon and I have been sitting in the Charlotte airport since 12:30 p.m.  My flight was supposed to leave at 2:20.  I know - you think you're going to hear a story right?

Right.

Well, so I am all checked in and it's getting time to load onto the plane.  I happen to be standing by the desk and I hear the two nice airplane ladies say:

"We have to get 11 people OFF this plane.  It's too full.  It's too hot outside.  The plane is TOO HEAVY!"

I turned around and said "Excuse me?  Did you say the plane was too heavy?"

"Yes, it is TOO HEAVY and it is TOO HOT outside!"

I immediately knew that I was in trouble.  They fed us well at the conference.  And I bought entirely too many books.  

I was the first in line to volunteer to get bumped.  No way was I getting on a too heavy plane on a too hot day.  No way at all.  Not with the extra couple of pounds I surely gained and the 10 extra pounds of books (it was a really good investment honey) in my suitcase.  So now I am scheduled for the 5:45 flight and they assure me it won't be too heavy.  And now my plane won't arrive home until 11:30 tonight.

And it just occurred to me.  They took my suitcase.


4 comments:

Dawn said...

Well, I hope you're almost home by now! What a long, grueling experience this has been for you as far as the travel goes. I'm so glad that the time there was wonderful, though! Can't wait to hear more.

gail@more than a song said...

I hope you and your luggage made it home! You volunteered to get bumped, I hope you got some future credit or something out of the deal!
Sounds like a fun trip and that you had a great time.
Hope to hear more about it later.

Kathy Schwanke said...

You made me laugh!!! Did you get your suitcase okay???

Aunt Angie said...

That is too cute. Sorry, I had to grin---big. They have your suitcase...but not you! I see that you made it home safely. The Lord is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!