Friday, September 19, 2008

Potpourri Friday

I have been a woman of few words lately.

The words, they just aren't flowing for me.

I think it's because September has been such an overwhelming month for me. There seems to be something going all the time. And I think it has something to do with my magazine writing class - it is snatching up all my good words for all the magazine articles I am writing as assignments. As in, homework. Homework, as in work I have to do at home between church and Bible studies, and weddings, and appointments with people, and cleaning my house, and spending time with my little grandson.

But the class is fun and challenging and I'm glad I'm doing it. We are writing articles that we actually have to query and submit to many different magazines. Our professor's goal is that each of us will be published by the end of the semester. So this weekend I have to write a "how-to" article that we have to submit to five different magazines and also a query letter for a feature article for our University magazine. The pressure is on. But if I'm going to make my writing career take off -this is really good for me. I have never written under a deadline before. I have never written anything "on command" before. So even though it's a good kind of stretching, well, it's still stretching. And stretching can be a bit uncomfortable.

We are on "high alert" waiting for Ava Claire's arrival. My cell phone is with me continually. On Tuesday we are supposed to go up to the mountains for our annual pastor's and wives retreat. We have made our reservations, but we can cancel them at a moments notice. And it's only a two hour drive to the Birthing Center - so if labor begins while we are there I think I'm pretty sure we can still make it back to help coach my daughter through labor.

I can't believe our little girl is going to be with us soon - I can hardly wait to see what she looks like! Her nursery is just so adorable. I wish I had taken a picture last night when we were there. And she already has a very full closet of clothes - just like a little girl should! Oh Ava Claire - if you only knew how loved you already are. You would hurry up and get here for sure!

Okay, it's back to my magazine article writing. Have a great and wonderful weekend. And if little Ava Claire gives us any indication of impending arrival - I will break right in and let you all know!

7 comments:

Dawn said...

It has been quite a month for you - well, actually, quite a year! I can't wait to see Ava Claire's picture.

I'm so glad you're reading the Chiaverini books - I just finished the last one and feel like a wonderful friend has moved away - I can't wait till the next one comes out - I have it ordered from the library.

I know I will never quilt, but I would love to go to a good quilt show and see the wonders that people create - including you, my friend! I hope to get out there one of these days to see the family members there - and meet you!

gail@more than a song said...

I know you're so excited about the new baby girl coming! And you better let us know when she arrives, pictures are always good.
You've used up all your words doing homework! Good job on your class.

It's OK to be WEIRD! said...

It sounds like it's been quite a month! It's always exciting when new little people are on the way, though.

I was looking for an e-mail address for you, and I'm not able to find one. So I need to put my message here... I hope that's OK. (You can always delete it after you get the info from it.)

I've been working on getting the League of Pastor's Wives blog and blogroll updated. Yesterday I spent some time getting things in order and I think I can actually say that League of Pastor's Wives is officially RELAUNCHED!

Check it out over at:

League of Pastor's Wives - http://league-of-pastors-wives.blogspot.com/

I do have you on the new blogroll because you were listed in the last one. If you have any preference about being included please let me know. Also, if you have the blogroll listed on your site (I think you do) you'll need to grab the new updated code for that so that you have the most recent info available on your site!

If you have a link to League of Pastor's Wives in your sidebar, I wanted to let you know about the NEW address for the blog. We don't know what's happened to the original one (that most ladies currently have listed) but we are no longer able to access it or use the address. (You can read a bit about it on the blog.) Please update the link in your sidebar if necessary.

We're excited to get these things updated, and look forward to connecting with you and other ministry wives to be of support and blessing to one another.

Blessings,
Sweet Mummy

Mishel said...

It sounds like September is a busy month for quite a few--but add in a writing class and a new grandaughter on the way--well, that surely explains your lack of time to write a blog post! : )

Have a wonderful week, Robin! And hopefully we'll some baby-news this soon!

Hugs!

Mishel said...

**Sorry!! I meant,

Hopefully, we'll HEAR some baby-news SOON!

It's Monday morning--can you tell?! LOL

Dawn said...

It's almost another Friday! Can't wait to hear what's been on your mind this week. And I'd love to read your magazine articles! Are you taking the class at your place of employment? I tried to take a writing course from the English dept when I was working - we could take 3 credits each semester free, but I could never get into the course.

Girl Raised in the South said...

Ava Claire - beautiful, beautiful name. Praying she arrives safe and sound.