Friday, October 10, 2008
Fridays Fave 5
I've been seeing this fun Friday meme for a while and I decided to join it this week instead of doing my usual Potpourri Friday - you know, shake things up a bit!
I'm nothing if not daring.
So anyway, Suzanne at Living to Tell the Story wants us to share 5 things that made this week special and fun. So here goes:
1. Since I have been doing a lot of canning I have had to rearrange and clean out my pantry to make room to store it all. I went to WalMart and found some wire shelving that TRIPLED my pantry space - very inexpensivly I might add. My pantry now looks so clean and organized I love looking at it. In fact, last night I got up in the middle of the night to get a drink of water and I couldn't resist opening my pantry doors and peeking inside! Do I need to get a life or what?
2. I got my first rejection letter on my book proposal. I know that might sound a little weird to add to my "special and fun" week but it did. I totally expect lots of rejection letters - every writer gets them. To me this means that I have finally started the whole writing process. If you don't write - you for sure will never get published. I truly believe one day I will get the amazing acceptance phone call - but until then I'll just keep plugging away.
3. I have been able to see my new little granddaughter, Ava Claire, every day this week. It doesn't matter what else is going on in the world, one snuggle with that sweet smelling warm little bundle makes everything seem all right. I call her my little marshmellow because she is so light and sweet!
4. Our weather has gotten very cold. Even though I'm a summer girl - there is something amazing about waking up in the morning and being so snuggly warm under the blankets. I love when the bedroom is chilled and the bed is so warm! My sweet dog Josey sleeps beside my bed in a little kennel and these days even she doesn't want to get out of her warm blankets. I can't say I blame her - I would feel the same way if I got booted out the door to go potty every morning!
5. I have really been enjoying my knitting this week. I'm working on - what else?- baby things of course! I love knitting when the weather is cold outside. It makes me feel so domestic and creative. This next week I am going to start my family's annual Christmas tree ornaments that I make every year. I have a pattern for adorable tiny little Christmas stockings that are knit from wool yarn. I can't wait to start them.
6. Oh and one more thing! Boise State is on a roll again. They are undefeated this season. Tomorrow they play Southern Miss. It will be a great game. I was elated to discover it will be televised! My son-in-law discovered this week that IF BSU gets to play in a bowl game it will PROBABLY be the Orange Bowl. Guess what? The Orange Bowl will be in Florida - THE SAME TIME WE WILL after Christmas! So of course you know what that means! A bowl game!!! Me!!! Pretty amazing for a brand-new football fan!
So there - five (no SIX) special things about my week. If you want to read more or join in yourself just click on the picture above and it will take you where you need to go.