Friday, October 17, 2008
Fridays Fave 5 - #2
Yay! It's Friday! I told myself this morning as I got out of bed, "I can do one more day." Sometimes my job, well, it just gets in the way of my life.
As far as my life goes, today is the day to share 5 special and wonderful things of the week.
1. These two are the most special things in my life.
Any day or time I get to spend with them is the most special time of all. I seriously just turn into a big mooshy pile of moosh when they are around. They were both at my house when I got home from work on Wednesday - it just made my day!
2. I began a knitting class with my two little neices this week. They are in the second and third grade and they saw me knitting last week and instantly begged me to teach them how to knit. What an honor! So I bought them each a pair of knitting needles, a skein of yarn, and a little bag to hold their supplies in. This week we worked on starting with a slip knot and casting on. They are to practice doing this every day until they can do it with their eyes closed. Next we will proceed to the knit stitch. I'm still kicking myself for not taking a picture of them - they were so cute! I told them that God makes girls with something inside of us that makes us love beauty and lots of times He even gives us the gift of desiring to make beautiful things. By learning how to knit they are following God's desire for their lives. They listened very seriously and then Kaitlyn said "Maybe that's why I like to color too". Smart little lady.
3. Speaking of knitting, I finished this little hat this week for my sweet little Ava Claire's bald little head.
This is another hat I made from the wonderful book Itty Bitty Hats by Susan B. Anderson. This book is FULL of wonderful projects.
4. Last night Chuck and I grilled steaks on the grill and made sauteed mushrooms to go with our baked potatoes. It was so good - we are getting rather good at this empty nest thing!
5. My final bit of favorite nes is that I learned today that my friend Becky, The Butler's Wife is back blogging again. This just made my week - I missed her so much! Welcome back Becky!
So that's my favorite 5 of this week! Next week will be different. I haven't said much about it because I tend to live in denial before I have to board an airplane. It's that pesky fear of flying thing. But on Sunday I am boarding a plane for a week long visit to Washington DC. I'm going with my sister who works for the government. She goes to Washington frequently and has wanted me to accompany her for a long time. I had a free plane ticket because of my last flying fiasco so I decided to go this time. I get to stay in her room (paid for by tax dollars), eat on her meal stipend, which is very generous and she never uses the whole amount (paid for by tax dollars), and I am going to visit all our national sites which are totally free (paid for my tax dollars.) I'm taking a tax-free holiday of sorts!
So pray for me on Sunday as I board the plane. Just ask God to give me peace.
And I will look forward to posting from our nation's capital. I have never been there before so I am really beyond excited.
It's just that I have to get on the plane first before the excitement can overflow.
Oh, and if you enjoy this Friday Fave 5 post, you can find more here. Who knows, you might even want to join in the fun.