This week - it took me a couple of days to recoup from my Wahington DC trip. I ended up taking medication for the flight home - and boy did it wipe me out. I went to bed by 9:00 Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.
But the best part about a vacation is the coming home part. It was so good to sleep in my own bed again. And I missed my husband. And I missed my kids. And I can't begin to tell you how I missed my sweet grandbabies. And I missed my sweet dog Josey too. She really missed me - Chuck said she wouldn't leave his side the whole week. She never does that. And now that I'm home, she won't leave me. If I open the door, she zips right out, determined to go with me. LOL It's good to know you are loved.
Let's see - it's time to name the five favorite things about the week. So here goes.
1. I loved being missed by my family and my dog.
2. Knitting - I started Tyler's little sweater and it's really fun. I also have started on some Christmas ornaments. Knitting has become so relaxing and fulfilling to me. I love the feel of yarn and I love wooded knitting needles.
3. I received my first acceptance on a magazine article proposal! I'm going to be published.
4. I took the day off work Thursday to babysit my little grandson Tyler. What a fun day we had - I just can't give him enough kisses. I also got to spend time this week with my sweet little marshmellow - Miss Ava Claire. She is so soft and light and as sweet as can be.
5. I'm turning 50 tomorrow. And I don't mind a bit. And I'm going to be spoiled by my family. They are taking me to see Disney on Ice. I love ice skating and I love Disney - what a perfect gift.
I also love Friday's Fave 5! If you would like to participate or read other lists, just click here and you will go to Living To Tell the Story.