This has been one of those whirlwind weeks in my life. Work everyday and meetings or some type of obligation every evening. I have just fallen into bed every night totally exhaused. So I find that it is a bit more challenging this week to come up with my 5 favorite moments. But here goes.
1. Well, falling into my bed every night has definitely been a favorite moment. There is just nothing compared to crawling into warm sheets and pulling them up to my eyes. Feeling my body finally relax. Listening to the sounds of the house quieting down. Hearing the dogs curling up in their kennels. Gazing at a sliver of moonlight make it's way between the cracks of the blinds. Pure bliss.
2. Watching the first shows of this season's 24! Yay! Jack is back! My whole family loves 24 and we dvr it and watch it together without commercials. So far, the first 4 hours have been phenomonal, and we are all looking forward to a great season.
Edited to add: Thanks for reminding me Becky! I knew Tony wasn't dead! I said it from the first minute that he "died". And I knew he wasn't a bad guy. I knew it - I just knew it!
3. Listening to sweet little Miss Ava Claire talk. She discovered that she has a voice and my word, that girl has things to say. We just can't decipher what they are. But we don't care. Her tiny little girl voice just melts my heart.
4. This week I had a meeting with my Women's Council. At the end of the meeting the ladies gathered around me and laid their hands on me and prayed for me. It was so special and sweet to feel so loved. It reminded me of how blessed I am.
5. I finished the book "The Runaway Quilt" which is a part of the Elm Creek Quilters series. I don't know why it took me so long to notice these books but I have truly enjoyed them. This particular book was about the history of quilts in the Civil War days. It was full of good historical information and a compelling story. I didn't want to finish it - it was that good. Thankfully, it was only book #4 and there are eight more to go!
My goodness - that wasn't hard at all! I guess when you take the time to think about all the good things in your life - you realize that we have so many blessings each and every day. God is so good - all the time!
If you would like to check out some more Friday Fave's or even become a part of this weekly fun - just go here to Susann'a at Living to Tell the Story.