I did something for today's Friday Fave post that I have been intending to do for a long time. I took pictures! So here are my five favorite things of the past week in photo and words.
1. I got a package in the mail this week. Nothing is more exciting to me than getting a package in the mail - especially if that package contains BOOKS! So here are most recent additions to the stack of books on my nightstand:
I've heard so many good things about the book with the strange name - I'm anxious to get going with it. The other is book number 5 in the Elm Creek Quilter's series.
2. After saving my pennies, I finally went to Costco and got a very much needed set of pots and pans. I think this stainless steel set will last the rest of my natural life and I may even be able to leave them in my will. All my other pots and pans were ones I bought at the grocery store - the ones where they add a new piece every week. The teflon was long ago eaten and they were pretty much worthless. It's amazing how this set of pots and pans has made it fun to cook and do dishes again! I wonder how long that will last?
3. On Wednesdays after work I go to my sister's house and pick up my sweet granddaughter little Miss Ava Claire and bring her home with me. Her mama and daddy always come to church on Wednesday nights so they give us the honor of having her with us for that evening. I play with her and then we take her to church and after church I get to give her a bath and put her jammies on her. Then she has to go home. I look forward to getting off work on Wednesdays!
4. Went to JoAnne's Fabric this week and spotted the sweetest little Easter fabrics. I couldn't resist. Looks like Miss Ava Claire will soon be sporting some new Easter fashion. I've heard that jelly beans and bunnies are all the rage this season.
5. Last night as I got home from work I noticed the first promise of spring. I cannot tell you how much I needed the first promise of spring. My Crocus are popping up! Hallelujah!
Pop on over to Susanne's Living to Tell the Story and check out some more Friday Favorite's. Or add your own. It's fun!