Saturday, March 14, 2009
Fridays Fave 5
Favorite things this week:
1. Last Friday evening, sweet Ava spent the night with us so her mama and daddy could spend some time together - like in the old days! We loved having her. She was so good and sweet and she slept until 4:00. Then I put her in bed with us and she snuggled up and went back to sleep. It was precious to just lay there and watch her to sleep. She is sooooo sweet!
2. My son-in-law Jayson is so thoughtful and sweet. He is always looking out for how he can help and meet a need. This week he heard me say I needed something at the store and the next thing I knew, he had left the house and gone to get what I needed. I didn't even ask! He is not just a good son-in-law, he is also a wonderful husband to my daughter and daddy to my granddaughter. He loves Jesus and desires to serve Him with all his heart. I am so glad he is a part of our family.
3. We attended a crisis pregnancy center fund-raising banquet this week. I whole-heartedly believe in the mission of this charity. I was challenged to knit some baby things to donate. I can't wait to get started!
4. A girl in our church had her first baby this week and I went to visit them at the hospital. There is simply nothing more precious than watching first-time mama's and daddy's with their tiny baby! It just melted my heart.
5. This post written my Beth Moore's daughter Melissa. It touched a chord in me and I printed it off to use in a deeper study. Lamenting to God is something we don't talk about much. I think we need to talk about it more.
Have a happy weekend! And if you want to read more posts - click on over here.