Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday Chit Chat

It's 4:30 in the afternoon on Superbowl Sunday and I don't know how I scored it but I am home alone, just me and the dogs and a napping Ava Claire that is. The game is playing quietly in the background, my dog is snuggled up next to me, my next knitting project is laying in front of me and I am reading a few blogs. Life is good!

We had a good Sunday morning at church and then my son-in-law brought over some boneless pork ribs that we served with baked potatoes. It was delicious. After the dishes we actually took the babies outside to play in the back yard. The sun is shining today, a rare sight these days due to our winter inversion, and it is probably in the low 50's. It is just gorgeous outside. And the babies loved it. They walked all over the yard investigating all kinds of interesting things. Things like water in the dog bowl, dead leaves clustered up on the fence line, and little pebbles held untold fascination to them.

I have been knitting up a storm and just finished my favorite hat of all time. It is Itty Bitty Hats Bunny Tail hat. I just love it. I used the RY Cashsoft baby yarn and it is the softest and sweetest yarn ever. Here is a picture of my little grandgirl modeling it.

It has the sweetest little ears with pink bows. And my favorite thing is the little bunny tale on the back.




I am going to start one for Tyler that will be brown with no bows of course.

Yesterday I stumbled on the best idea. I have been trying to think of some organized way to store my knitting needles for quite some time now. I have been keeping them all together in a plastic bag and I am constantly trying to find the right size and a matching pair. Inspiration struck. I have had a Pam*pered Ch*ef Tool Turn-about on my kitchen counter for years and one day I finally got tired of seeing all my wooden spoons, spatulas and whisks on the counter all the time and I put them all in a drawer. I was going to take the Tool Turn-about to goodwill but yesterday I realized what a good knitting needle organizer it would be.

Perfect! I love it when I come up with a good idea. I just wish it happened more often.

Oh, and I think I figured out a remedy for this problem. As much as I love my grandbabies I will never, ever pay so much money to make a toy that may or may not be played with and loved. But I found a yarn a Michael's craft store that will work just fine and I can use my 40% off coupons every week until I have 11 skeins. It was the largest bear that was going to cost the most and I figure I can now make him for about $30. Much more reasonable. It's not the quality of yarn as what the pattern calls for, but it's a toy. It's just a toy.

Oh and happy day. We recently had a Hobby Lobby open in our area and I went shopping in it Friday night. I can't believe how HUGE it is.

I'll leave you with a few more pictures of my little grandbabies.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love it when you share lots of interesting tidbits like this! I could just squish those two little cuties-they are so adorable.
Oh-the Valentine background looks sooo pretty.
I have a friend who lives in Mount-
ain Home who had a ticker on her computer to count down to the grand opening of Hobby Lobby. She says the first time she walked into a Hobby Lobby, she heard the angels sing! I can't wait to check it out.
Lori :)

Bev said...

Absolutely adorable! My daughter taught me to knit, and she learned from Susan Andersons first book - now we both own all three - her instructions are so clear and easy to follow. I'm about to knit myself a hat from her book - I love that even though the books are for children she gives the instructions to make all her hats for adults too.