Monday, September 5, 2011

What Have I Been Up To?

As the days of summer quickly fade into days of autumn, I find myself thinking of cozy, comforting things. It's not that we aren't still having 90 degree plus days, it's just that the evenings cool off so nicely and we wake up to 45 or 50 degree weather in the mornings. There is a definite crispness in the air. Even 90 degrees in the shade is pleasant and sweet. Although I am not ready to let go of summer yet, and I am praying for a long, warm fall, it is a natural turning of nature and it makes me yearn for apple crips and crunchy leaves. So it has been somewhat of a natural occurance that I have been spending time in my sewing room working on things made of flannel and muslin and quilting thread. Things that will turn into Christmas gifts and Christmas ornaments. I have never started this early before and I am excited about my plans. I would love to share them here - but I can't. Secrets, you know.

And the best part about fall is that football is here again! We got together and enjoyed the first Boise State game as a family - all except for my son-in-law Brad, who actually got to go to Atlanta and BE at the game. Lucky dog! But we had a great time as you can see:









They are all just so scrumptious! We were all dressed in our BSU gear - it was so much fun!

(I'm sorry these pictures are so small. We are currently without a camera and it makes me so sad. These were taken with my phone.)



All football fans everywhere probably have heard of the Boise State conundrum. We keep winning and winning and winning. We have such an awesome team. Our quarterback, Kellen Moore is a fine young man of integrity and he is just so darned talented. Our Coach Pete is beloved and admired by everyone and he gets many, many offers to coach bigger schools. But he loves Boise and his family loves Boise and thankfully it sounds like he is ours for some time. But even though we keep winning and have moved to a bit of a bigger conference, ' we still don't get no respect'. When we won Georgia this last weekend (our first SEC win) we hear the same old excuse: we don't have strength of schedule, we couldn't play big schools every week. Blah, blah, blah. How we would love to - we just can't find anybody willing to play us. So we will keep on doing what Coach Pete says, just keep doing the right things and good things will happen to us.



So with working and sewing and knitting and cooking and grandbabies and reading and football - well, now you know what I've been busy with. One thing I haven't been busy with is blogging and it is perplexing to me. There was a time when I blogged several times a week - it seems I just had so much to say. I still love blogs and read them often. But my words, well, it seems harder and harder to capture, them, formulate them and put them down on a computer screen. I'm not giving up though. I don't even know if anybody reads anymore - but that's okay. Life goes on. I will still check in from time to time to put memories and thoughts down that I can refer to again. Life is good and full and happy. Just the way it should be.

5 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I'm still here. ;-) And I, too, have been struggling lately with finding a way to get the words to the screen ... it's not been easy. I hope you don't give up. ;-)

Becky said...

I'm not blogging much either. But you are still in my Google Reader :) Several others are not. I slimmed it down a LOT this summer. And truly, being busy with life is a lot better than taking time out of life to write about it. Enjoy!!

Von said...

Usually I just lurk on your blog, but I had to "amen" your BSU comments! We're big fans here in the Tri-Cities, near Prosser where Kellen is from. :D

Dawn said...

I have been thinking of you so much lately, and wishing we could get together sometime! I know what you mean, and there are many of us who are having the same issue - but I love blogging and bloggers so much that I can't stand to quit. I would hate to lose touch with all of these dear women. I actually blogged about this very thing recently.

Things are nuts here - but we did get to go to Maine this summer, and had a great family reunion. I blogged about the trip a few posts back, but haven't been able to finish the reunion one yet.

Anonymous said...

I still check in Robin! I love your blog and your creativeness: ) Don't stop, but a season of rest to focus on other things is fine. God Bless you and your family!
Suzy Ketterling