Wednesday, October 25, 2006

International Traveler

My husband and I are leaving next week on a trip to Italy, Greece, and Turkey. We are taking an educational cruise that is re-tracing the 2nd and 3rd journey of the apostle Paul. It really is the trip of a lifetime, but I have to admit that I am extremely nervous. I have never traveled anywhere out of the US except for Canada. I don't like to fly and I get seasick. Other than that I am excited ;)! We are going to be gone for 11 days and I am already looking forward to getting back home. I don't understand myself because if you asked me I would tell you that I would love to travel around the world. But when it comes right down to it, I am nervous to leave my 16 year old daughter at home (she is already homesick for us), I have so much I need to get done in time for my oldest daughter's wedding in January, and I just feel nervous about going to other countries when there is so much discord in the world. My husband is very excited so I am trying not to show how I feel too much - I don't want to rain on his parade! I know we will have a wonderful time together. We went to Hawaii on our 25th wedding anniversay 3 years ago and we had a spectacular time. We had two rules: we could not talk about our church and we could not talk about our kids. We DID talk about the kids a little bit but we didn't once discuss the church. It was an awesome experience! I hope this trip turns out the same way!

4 comments:

Melodee said...

Have a great trip! How exciting!

Bebemiqui said...

Turkey is an amazing country! Ephesus is absolutely amazing to see. Make sure you brush up on what happened to paul in that great city. Be nice to the carpet sellers, but don't let them suck you into their shop or you'll never get out. My hubby and I have been focused on Turkey for the last 6 years and I love the country (betcha couldn't tell). Hope you love the people. Blessings

Robin said...

Thank you for the encouraging words! We leave Wednesday! I'm sure I will have lots to tell when we return.

Anonymous said...

I pray that you are enjoying your trip and I look forward to hearing about it when you return.