Monday, December 18, 2006

Is there life after kids?

So when exactly is the empty nest syndrome supposed to occur? It seems to me that my adult children take as much if not more of my time than they did when they were little!! I know that probably doesn't sound real encouraging to those of you who are struggling with dirty diapers, runny noses, blocks all over the house, and last minute canceling baby sitters - but I am just wondering!
My 26 year old daughter is getting married next month and what started out to be "all we want is a small wedding" is turning into an EVENT I tell you! I am absolutely overwhelmed and up to my eyeballs in sewing, programs, table centerpieces, and decorating. I know it is going to be a fabulous, emotional, and very fun day - but boy oh boy- I am not sure I am going to be able to pull it all together in time. I told her we need to call a magazine to come and do a photo shoot of this event!
I am so happy for her though. She is marrying the guy she has loved since she was 12! She is such a good girl and she has "done it right" all her life. I want nothing but the best for her and he seems to be it. I think they will have a great marriage forever. When he came and asked for our blessing, I told him that if he could promise me that he would love God with his whole heart and love her like her dad has loved me then I was all for it. He promised. Sooo....I'd better get back to my sewing machine - I have one and a half bridesmaids dresses left to do!

1 comment:

Melodee said...

I hope your daughter realizes how blessed she is to have you as a mother!