This morning I was wondering what I could write about being thankful today. Because to be honest, I haven't been acting very thankful lately. So when I read Iris's post about our theme today focusing on choosing joy over the hard things in life - well, that really shouted at me. And I am thinking that even in the midst of trials I can still choose to have joy and be joyful. And that is the choice I am making today. I will be joyful even in the midst of trials. I will work hard to "consider it all joy" when faced with hardship. So I am thankful today. For these things and so much more:
1. I am thankful that my husband and I are getting away for the next couple of days. He is my favorite person to spend time with. In fact if I could pick anyone in the world to spend an hour, a day, or a week with - it would be him without a doubt. God has truly blessed me with my husband.
2. I am thankful for my Summer Book Club ladies. It is always so refreshing and relaxing to spend an hour and a half discussing our books and our lives and our thoughts and feelings.
3. I am thankful it is summer. I love summer.
4. I am thankful for the evenings that I spend at home. I love being in my home. It rejuvenates me for the next work day.
5. I am thankful for my sewing room. I love going in there and looking through my patterns and fabrics and dreaming of what I want to sew next. I love the smell of a steam iron on fabric. I love having my projects all lined up. I love looking at all the colorful thread. I love planning what I am going to be making for Christmas gifts this year. It is good therapy!
6. I am thankful for blogging. It is fun, relaxing, and fulfilling. By the way, this is my 100th post! I'm so excited about that and I want to celebrate by inviting you all to come back on Monday to see my special 100 Things About Me post. At the very end of my post there will be a contest for a special prize to all those who read to the end! You heard it here first!
If you would like to read more or be a part of Thankful Thursdays, click here!