Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Miss Ava Claire's Dedication Day

I think of all the celebrations we have in church my very favorite is when we dedicate babies to the Lord. There is just something so sacred, so special, so meaningful during this ceremony. My husband has such a soft spot for little ones and when he has the privilege of bringing his own grandbabies before the Lord, well, it is a truly emotional and wonderful moment. This past Sunday was little Ava Claire's Dedication Day.

Here are some pictures of our little princess before the big event:



Gulp! The next time we see her in a long, white, flowing dress will be . . . sooner than we want - that's for sure!


Many years ago at the start of my husband's ministry, I wrote a little ceremony that he uses each time he dedicates a baby. It involves giving the father a red rose, the mother a white rose, and the baby gets a pink rose signifying the blending of the parents. Here is our sweet granddaughter receiving her rose.



Miss Ava Claire, you are indeed a blessing from the Lord, and I am honored, proud, and blessed to be your grandmother.

9 comments:

Willow said...

Very sweet!

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

What a beautiful little girl and what a special service! I love the use of the different colors of roses during this special event, I will have to tell my husband about thise!

Karen said...

She looks like a little doll in that dress. And the symbolism of the roses is so beautiful. Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Oh Robin! Oh, my! I am speechless. But not tearless.

Dawn said...

She looks so gorgeous! I love the rose ceremony. We always have a rose given, but I like that symbolism very much. My grands have been privileged to be dedicated by both great granddads. So special!

Michelle said...

she's beautiful! what a special day!

Anonymous said...

That is precious. :^) She is so cute!!

Jan Parrish said...

What a beautiful grand child. I am a new gramma myself! We are so blessed.

gail@more than a song said...

She does look like a princess in the beautiful dress! Such a sweet time.