Friday, March 6, 2009
Friday Fave 5
This week seemed to fly by. I'm not sure why because I didn't really do anything. Nothing I wanted to get done happened - the leaves didn't get raked because of the RAIN and the WIND and the HAIL and the COLD spring weather we have been having. I had hoped to start sewing on Ava Claire's spring wardrobe collection - but I didn't seem to find the time to do that either. I didn't get started on any new books because I just haven't been able to concentrate on reading anything other than flyers that come in the mail lately. Looking back on this week, I'm not sure what I did - so it's probably good that I have this designated opportunity to review my five favorite things of all the "nothingness".
1. I have already mentioned our ladies retreat last weekend. It was a very relaxing weekend that I enjoyed very much. Staying in a place like this can't help but make you happy.
Every room has a fireplace and is decorated to the extreme. It is the most feminine place I have ever been. The staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Their food in incredible. And the prices are unbelievable. To stay in a room for 4 for 2 nights cost $100 and that included all your food. This place has been a God-send to our ladies group.
2. Ever since Angie declared that 2009 is The Year of the Scarf, I have enjoyed pulling out my scarfs and learning new ways to wear them. And this week Walmart had their scarfts marked down to $3. $3 is a price I think all of us can afford to add a little touch of beauty into our lives.
3. Reading your blog posts every day is always a favorite thing. I learn so much from all of you and besides that you make me laugh, and pray, and you give me such great ideas. You are definitely a favorite part of every week.
4. Every day my daughter Jess drops in to see me at work. She is a student here at the university I work at. What a delight to look up and see her coming through the door. She always brings a smile to my face.
5. This sweet little angel. 'Nuff said.
Thanks Susanne at Living to Tell the Story for another great reminder of all the good things in life. Go on over and join us!