Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Thoughts

It is Monday morning after Easter. I am back at work, well I'm at my desk anyway. Today is a student holiday and it is slowww.....

I had been dreading this Easter holiday really. It was the first major holiday with Brad, Michelle and Tyler gone and I knew it was going to be hard. However, God used my sadness and feelings of loss to gain a better understanding of what Easter is. Good Friday was as usual dreary and sad and heavy. I never have like Good Friday. Remembering what Jesus experienced on that day, how He was treated, how He died - sometimes it is all just too much. On Friday I was surfing around on the net and I stumbled across some really ugly, blasphemous and perverted ways that non-Christian's spend Easter. I wished I hadn't of seen any of it. I thought about how humanity is still mistreating my Jesus. It was so ugly and heavy I went to my room and shut the door and just spent time praying and asking God to forgive us because we don't know what we are doing. Between that and missing my kids I have to say it was about the heaviest Good Friday I have ever experienced.

And then came Sunday! What a bright and beautiful and glorious day it was! We had a beautiful church service with incredible music and the message of the Resurrection was preached loud and long! People were excited to be there. He is Risen! He is Risen Indeed! What hope - what promise - what joy! It turned out to be a wonderful day.

I feel like I really "got it" this Easter.

And of course it was extra special to have our sweet Miss Ava Claire to enjoy for the day. She came over before Sunday School dressed in her special bunny jammies - complete with a cotton tail.




Then her mommy dressed her in her very first Easter dress - she was so beautiful and sweet.  And she loved her new dress - she kept laughing as she played with it - I think it was so ruffle-y and it made lots of fun crinkle-y sounds.



After church I plopped her in the garden by the daffodils and got some more pictures of her. I love 6 months old!




After church we dressed her in a special "after church Easter ensemble" that I made for her.

I have to say that this little outfit gave me fits. I am a pretty good seamstress - I have sewn since I was 12 years old. I have made all the bridesmaids dresses and flower girl dresses for both of my daughter's weddings. Somehow this little outfit about did me in! There was something seriously wrong with the pattern instructions. I finally gave up and did it my way.

This Easter was a strong reminder to me that life is sometimes hard. Sometimes it's almost too hard. But God is so very good. He is Risen. He is Risen indeed.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Yay! Thanks momma!

Dawn said...

Miss Ava looks like a little flower in that patch. She looks adorable in everything.

I know you missed the kids - but it sounds like God did good things in your heart. Did you get to read my Good Friday post?

Our Sunday was awesome, too. The baptismal service with the newly engaged couple who are both going to Peru this summer was so very moving!

Thanks for thinking and praying for us - we appreciate it so very much.

Unknown said...

Oh, that little Ave Claire in her Easter dress. I could just eat her up. But I expect you have already taken care of that. She is delicious!!

And that hair bob. Oh my!

Well, one down and a few more to go. But you did it. You did it well.

Have a great week, Robin!

Unknown said...

Oh, and the Butler is no longer needed because the guys have taken it over. He does not get home until 2:00 on Sundays ... so the boys do the grilling and have it all ready to eat.

Michelle said...

You know, I bet Ava Claire would fit into a box...send her in the next care package!

gail@more than a song said...

I know it must be so hard to be so far from your kids but glad you got to have other family around. The pink tail on those pjs, too cute and she looks just precious in that sweet dress! I love the one of her holding that daffodil. Sometimes I think patterns are just flawed in general but looks like you did a great job with the outfit.