I'm joining in this week on Linda's Random Dozen. I've been reading them for weeks and I finally decided to jump in on the fun. And it has absolutely nothing to do with the sweet apron give-away if you join. Really.
1. Are you pleasant when you're ill, or are you a grumpy, fussy patient?
Um, I don't know that I'm pleasant, but I prefer to be a loner in my room, in my bed, with the tv on and did I mention I prefer to be alone?
2. When you find out that school is canceled (due to inclement weather) what is your gut reaction?
Yay! It's a holiday! Let's stay in our pj's all day and play Monopoly!!!
3. What is one domestic skill you wish you could improve?
I wish I was a more organized housekeeper. My house is usually picked up and "looks" clean, but the deep cleaning doesn't happen. I think if I were more organized then maybe the deep cleaning would happen on a more frequent basis.
4. Do you decorate your home for Valentine's Day?
I do try to put little things up to celebrate the day. I love Valentine's Day - it's so simple and sweet - not overwhelming like Christmas is. But I like to scatter vintage valentines around, and by vintage I mean valentine's I received when I was a little girl.
5. What song is on your mind today?
This morning on my way to work I was thinking of the words to the old hymn "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus".
6. Do you prefer contemporary movies or classic?
It depends on what mood I'm in but probably contemporary would win out over classic.
7. How well do you "compartmentalize" your feelings? For example, how well can you put aside a really trying moment to deal with the immediate situation which is not related to the trying moment, e.g., putting aside a tiff with your spouse in order to finish wallpapering a room.
I like to think I'm like most women - I don't compartmentalize at all. How's the saying go: Men are like waffles - women are like spaghetti.
8. What is the first thing that attracted you to your spouse? (Or if you're single, to your best friend.)
His personality - he just seemed to nice to be true.
9. When was the last time your heart raced?
Yesterday when I had to park in the south forty at Costco. It was a long way to walk. :)
10. What are your memories of Valentine's Day at school?
I remember how we always had to make a Valentine's box for classmates to put valentine's in. I loved making my box every year - it was when I first knew I loved making things.
11. If you were going to receive candy for Valentine's Day, which would you prefer?
I think I love Gheredelli's chocolate the very most. But the older I get the less I like chocolate. Weird, I know.
12. Red or pink?
Pink. I am more a pink personality - not a red personality. But I like red - on other people.