Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sweet Valentine's

Today we met with my family to celebrate all the February birthdays. We had seven this month. With families as big as ours you have to resort to monthly celebrations or we would be celebrating all month long!

Since it was also Valentine's Day my mother gave us all boxes of chocolates - such a sweet thing that she has done for years.

But I think I was touched the most by two of my little neices. Kaitlyn and Miah have been working for two weeks making valentine's for all of us. Every single one of us. They passed them out to us as we were standing in line to get our dinner. Each valentine was carefully drawn and colored and reflected our individual personalities.

This is the one my husband received:


Be on my side - gallop with me!
Perfect for her Uncle Chuck who takes her to 4-H and is teaching her how to show a horse.

This was mine:


I'll give you yarn - before I give it to you I will knit you a sweater.
I'm the skinny one - sitting in my chair knitting with a yarn basket at my side. That's exactly what I look like -wink wink. And I hope I really do get a handknit sweater from those two - I will love it!

I hope your Valentine's Day was as sweet as mine.

3 comments:

Bev said...

A valentine with a skinny drawing of you - perfect present! Dont you love the gifts from little ones - straight from the heart.

Dawn said...

What sweet cards! I love cards made by the girls - they each made "books" for their teachers on Valentine's Day - such sweet sentiments. Then they chickened out on giving them. I was sad, because I know the teachers would have been just thrilled. Kristen's going to try to be sure and get them to them somehow.

Unknown said...

That is the sweetest and most genuine gesture I have seen a very long time. And by the way, I recognized you immediately in that drawing :)