Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Raking Leaves with the Beach Boys

August 12. It is getting seriously close now to the end of summer. All the stores are advertising school supplies, swimming pools are posting their closing dates, and department stores have their fall and winter clothes on display.

The problem is, I'm just not ready.

And while I realize that the calendar does not pause to consider my personal feelings on the matter, it remains a true fact that I cannot get my mind to wrap around the idea of turning the air conditioner off or raking piles of leaves. So I'm not going there.

Instead I am staying in the blistering warm land of the Beach Boys where my destination is Kokomo and I'll have fun, fun, fun 'til my daddy takes my t-bird away.

Or it starts to snow.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I am right there with you! I don't want the summer to be over so you know what.... Its not just cause I said so!!! It's going to be summer for just a little bit more! :)

Barb said...

I like your California attitude, Robin. I love autumn, but I also hate to see summer end.

Dawn said...

This summer has flown! This will be the first time in about 20+ years that I won't be in on the beginning of school. But I won't miss it. Not a bit. Hope you can retire one of these soon years! I highly recommend it.

I love fall, though - I am really tired of the heat and we are so thankful for cooler days the last few --

Karen said...

I say this every year, but this summer has really flown by! I'm ready for cooler weather, but not ready for the faster pace of the school year. Ready or not, it begins next week for us!

Just Me said...

Hey Robyn...boy have I been out of the loop lately!! LOVE the new look! Awesome! And yes...I hate to see summer end also..but I sure do LOVE to shop the sales!