Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It Started Out Innocently Enough

Really, it did.  I promise.

I went with Andrea to take Ava Claire to the doctor today.  Afterwards we decided to run by the mall real quick to return a couple of items from the baby shower.

We walked into Macy's.

Can you see where this is going?

We entered the baby department and I saw this.



If you were a new Mia with a sweet little baby granddaughter what would you do?

Uh huh. I thought so.

And then I turned the corner and saw this:



Can you believe it? Is that cute or what? And the little stuffed moose is his very first doll and it matches the little moose on the button up shirt! So if you were a new Mia with a sweet little 4 month old grandson, what would you do?

Uh huh. I thought so.

So I took it all to the counter and the nice lady that was working said - "Did you see the little dolls that match the little girls outfit?"

"What? A little doll? Show me!"

So then I added this to the stack:



And then my mind went into overdrive trying to come up with a plan to pay for it all. And then I remembered! I had a bit of mad money I was saving for something for myself. I don't really need anything for myself, so I quickly came up with a new plan for spending my mad money.

It was a sign.

And now my sweet little grandbabies have new dollies and new clothes and they have one really happy Mia!

4 comments:

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

I'm going to have to run right over there and get some of those things myself! Happy Mia!

Karen said...

Oh my word. You are going to have SO much fun! Those little outfits with matching dollies are the cutest things. Makes me wish I had a baby to shop for. Not, that I want a baby. Or a grandbaby. (At least not now!) But you do make it look like such fun!

gail@more than a song said...

That is so much fun isn't it! And girl stuff is just so cute...last week I was looking for boy things but didn't seen anything nearly as cute as what you found. Just wait til you add a few more! Then you sorta have to buy for just one or 2 at a time.

Starr said...

LOL isn't it amazing how we can "find" money to buy things for the grandbabies?! You sure do have some sweeties there! CONGRATS on the new little one too.

I'm having a 100th post give away and thought I'd pop over and let you know, so you can join in the fun!