Saturday, December 27, 2008

Florida, Florida, Here We Come!

I am sitting in the airport in Los Vegas waiting for our connecting flight to Florida. I am with three of my daughters, two sons-in-law, two grandbabies, mother-in-law, husband, brother-in-law and me. Daughter #2 arrived in Florida yesterday and my mother is on another flight - first class - courtesy of my brother. So that is a total count of 11. Eleven of us heading for Florida for a whole week to spend time together.

We weren't sure we were all going to make it on the plane this morning - for some reason Southwest only had three of their six counters open and the line was a mile long. They held the plane for us and we were the last to board. But we made it and the first leg of the flight was okay.

Have I mentioned that I really hate to fly. Oh, yeah, I guess I have.

Tonight I will be sleeping with palm tree breezes.

I am so blessed.

1 comment:

Willow said...

Enjoy your vacation! Soak up the sunshine.

Your post about how your family planned a trip instead of having presents prompted me to suggest this to my husband and children and I 'think' we're going to Hawaii in two years!